Florida House District 43
State Representative Kristen Arrington is a champion for the people of Osceola County. A determined problem solver and tireless advocate for Osceola’s hard-working families. Kristen is focused on fighting for the needs of Kissimmee residents, by increasing funding for education, improving our transportation network, providing more affordable housing opportunities, and securing higher wages for workers.
Kristen has called Kissimmee her hometown since the age of three. From taking her first dance lessons at a little Downtown studio, to attending Osceola High School where she met her husband on the first day of school, to now owning her own business and giving back to her community, her roots go deep in Kissimmee and Osceola County.
Kristen’s devotion to strengthening our small business community has been shaped by her professional background where she’s worked as a Realtor, Property Manager, and in the Transportation industry. Today she owns her own marketing and consulting firm with 15 years of experience. She understands the struggles of our neighbors and small businesses trying to stay afloat during the economic and public health calamities wrought by COVID-19.
What sets Kristen apart is her active commitment to identifying and working to elect other progressive leaders. As a Democratic campaigner, she works with visionary political candidates who may be at a financial disadvantage, but are the best choice for solving problems in the community. Her involvement has helped to transform the political make up of Osceola and turn us into a blue Democratic county.
In addition to her passion for politics, Kristen is devoted to giving back to her hometown. She delivers weekly Meals on Wheels to our local senior citizens, which has sometimes been the only human interaction they have during the COVID shutdown. Kristen helps raise funds and volunteers for numerous local non-profits, including causes supporting animal welfare.
Current Community Involvement:
• President of SNiP-it, Osceola County’s low-cost spay & neuter clinic and Chair of Fundraising
• Volunteer for Meals on Wheels, delivering weekly to local Seniors
Past Community Involvement:
• Chaired Osceola Boy Scouts annual “Scouting for Food” food drive. All food collected stays in Osceola County
• Previous Board of Director for the Central Florida Foundation
• Previous Board of Director for Kissimmee Main Street
• Top fundraising team for Relay for Life
• Volunteered for Heavenly Hooves, Give Kids the World, Pawsitive Action
• 2012 graduate of Political Leadership Institute
• Treasurer of Osceola County Democratic Executive Committee and Chair of Fundraising Committee. Top fundraising year was 2019 under Kristen’s leadership
• Osceola Arts “Lip Sync” top fundraiser winner, helping raise $100,000 for our local arts agency
Legislative Committee Assignments: